- WG10. Paleomagnetic laboratories
Coordination: Pedro Silva, ISEL/FCUL
Co-coordination: Eric Font, UC
Institutions: FCUL, ISEL, UC
Working group focused on the study of magnetic properties of rocks and sediments for a better understanding of geological processes.
Aims at the provision of instrumental means for the study of paleomagnetism, magnetic fabrics, rock magnetism and environmental magnetism; the acquisition of equipment to improve the analytical quality available to the academic and non/academic communities; the creation of a data repository and the increased participation in international groups.
+ DATA & PRODUCTS
- Paleomagnetic and geomagnetic processed data
S. Jorge Island (Azores archipelago)
- Paleomagnetic processed data
Pico Island (Azores archipelago), Sines igneous massif (Portugal), Foum Zguid dyke (Morocco)
- Lab and field work facilities on paleomagnetism
- Measurements of magnetic fabrics, rock magnetism and paleomagnetism
- Short courses and workshops of paleomagnetism, magnetic fabrics and rock magnetism
In-house and e-learning
Check more TRAINING available via C4G.
- Spinner magnetometer
- Anhysteretic pulse magnetizer
- Alternating magnetic field demagnetizer
- Impulse magnetizer
- Thermal demagnetizer (home made)
- Magnetic susceptibility meter (incl. portable)
Check more EQUIPMENT available via C4G.